Tuesday, December 8, 2009

feeling blackjack (21 at last)

I guess you could say everyone looks forward to their twenty-first birthday. But once you're there, you realize that all those "daring" things you've done in the past have just lost all of their thrill. I can sit down in a bar, order a glass of alcohol, and not break a sweat. Life's most primitive tribulations have now been solved.

I want to throw a thank you out there to everyone that showed up to my surprise party. I was literally stoked beyond words when I saw an entire table filled with my best buds. And it had to be at Carrows too. Epic. Hopefully I don't die this Thursday when I go to Vegas.

Where things in my life are heading

I am still in college, yes. It bores me to think that I'm going to have to return to that shithole for another year and a half of grinding. It scares me, because I feel like I've become overly lethargic over the past year. I know I can do so much more and that my capacity for great things is limitless, but when I look at what I've done, I'm really not impressed _at_all. They say that the best are naturally never satisfied with their work, even though their accomplishments are already considered amazing. For me, I feel like I'm lacking the latter portion of said statement. I have so many daring ideas to shatter the boundaries of conventional marketing and design - I have to get up off my ass and JUST DO IT.

At first I thought I'd be a fine artist. Then, I thought I'd be a graphic designer. Then, I thought I'd be an art director. Then, I thought I'd be a copywriter. Now, I think I won't be any of those. My path, which has strut itself in so many directions, has given me many opportunities to flex myself beyond my comfort zones and expand my arsenal of abilities. I really wonder what I will become, but I've decided to let the rivers of fate guide me along. I do know, however, that I will be spending the coming year completely revamping myself - cleaning up, branding myself, updating the wardrobe, and really pushing the envelope on my design projects. I'm looking forward to it.

And...I know this has nothing to do with anything I just said, but HOLYBUTTFUCK:



Things aren't as fast-paced as before, so I'm going to change the weekly quote and banner to a monthly thing. The truth is I just really like this banner rofl and am really lazy. ANYWAYS...
Things to look forward to...there are so many!
-Joa's HEADLONG Armored Berserk should arrive tomorrow or Wednesday!
-Kara no Kyoukai 7 DVD comes out in two days, which means we'll have hardsubs by the end of the week!
-Blazblue Continuum Shift is now at Arcade Infinity - time to practice up on Lambda-11.
-Two major MTG Legacy tournaments coming up towards the end of the month!
-Hopefully they'll announce the Rebuild of Evangelion 2.0 DVD release date sometime soon.
-Ditto for Diablo III. (Okay maybe not)

No comments: