Sunday, October 4, 2009

fall breeze (the smell of beautiful)

Do you ever feel those moments? Like a flash, an instant where your soul evaporates and returns to a time not your own. "I know this place," you say to yourself. A land so familiar, yet lost; a memory so fond, yet forgotten. It is your home. Or it was your home, rather. Sometimes just daydreams that scratch at your brain or a well-acquainted scent - I have no idea where these recollections come from. They're just apparitions that choose when and where they wish to appear, flaunting the beauty of a memory that no longer exists. When I smell the fall breeze, which ever so gently caresses the dying leather of trees, I remember that home.

This coming Thursday, I will be visiting China for a month. The notion is somewhat daunting, seeing as I have no comprehension of Cantonese. Nevertheless, it'll be an opportunity and experience that I'll never forget. After that trip, I will be venturing to Tokyo for a week before my return. I could say the exact same thing about Japan, except for the fact that I'll be too busy getting my ass destroyed in Guilty Gear to even notice. With this said, I will be blogging still, yes, but don't expect too much crazy stuff. Alongside of being introduced to the inner workings of my aunt's print shop, I will still have to maintain and complete projects assigned by my work at MEDL Mobile back home, but I do promise a very, very long and detailed post about my journey upon my return.

Before I leave, I will eat In-N-Out for three meals before getting on the plane.

Other crap: Bakemonogatari 12 was great; massive Berserkage on coming in November; new animes I'll be following: The Book of Bantorra, The Sacred Blacksmith, Darker than Block 2, Kobato, and Kimi no Todoke; will be working on branding myself while in China; still going to play WoW while I'm over there muhahhahah. Also, FMA 26 was strangely powerful - it's a series that is so perfect - lighthearted yet so heavy at the same time.

2 comments:

Hal said...

Enjoy your time overseas, man. I'm looking forward to the entries you make while out there!

ajinkris said...

Thanks Hal.

I hope that my time over there will show me many new things.