Saturday, June 6, 2009

invite wg plz (a week of inspiration)

So I've been working on a lot of stuff this week. Some of it's small, some of it's big. All in all, however, I've been more productive than I've been this entire quarter. Ontop of that, I've managed to play over 200 arena games in the past week and farm up 4 Furious and 2 Deadly off-pieces. I didn't realize how much I played WoW till I walked into my student lounge on Wednesday and some super asian nerd looked at me, pointed, and exclaimed very loudly: "DIE FUCKING ALLIANCE!" I stood there for a moment and raised an eyebrow, both dumbfounded and embarassed at the same time. I then realized I was wearing my blue alliance hoodie, saw the two girls sitting at the table behind the nerd stare at me in slight disgust, and just walked past the guy without saying anything else.

I should really think twice before wearing that thing to school again.

So many of you guys are probably wondering: hey Chris, you do all this "artsy fartsy" shit but you never show us any of it. Ok fine, here's some stuff I've been working on this past week --

yes i live traced ryu. fucking shame on me.


yes, there is a class for direct mail.

this one is for the real MVP (and for ehd).

The first piece was for Typography II. We had to make a magazine cover (haven't done THAT one before =.=), and I decided to make mine based on an arcade fighting game genre. The second picture is a direct mail piece for Gamucci Electronic Cigarettes. You know all those shitty commercials you see on late-night TV? Yea, there's a class for that, and that self-mailer is part of my campaign. The third piece is a personal one (and one I'm particularly fond of). In light of the playoffs this year, I am more hyped than ever for my big mamba KOBE BRYANT. I am so glad to have found that picture of him to base my piece off of - the moment I saw it I was like: OMFG this pose is perfect for an abstract piece! Let me know if you want a larger version of it (you can actually see some close-up effects I did with it).

Oh yea, I almost forgot a few outdoor ads I did for Street Fighter 4. They were the lulz (thanks to Cory for the initial idea with the facing billboards) --



wow, totally forgot to add shadows on the last one. lol whatever.

I might be spending a month in China this summer interning at an aunt's printshop. Also, get hype for Blazblue console release on June 30th and EVO Championships on July 17th. Also, yes, I haven't been keeping up with my blogging. I've finally run out of my excitement steam for this hobby, so it'll probably be just one (two at most) blog posts per week from now on.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am final, I am sorry, but, in my opinion, this theme is not so actual.