Monday, July 13, 2009

before the storm (events in full motion)

Classes Resume
I figured I'd get this out of the way first. Yes, my summer session begun as of today. No, I am not enjoying trying to learn pre-print production methods in the blistering heat. My class schedule occupies me throughout most of the week (Monday through Thursday), so I'm sorry if I can't make it to some events that are coming up.

Standing Ovation
As most of you readers are aware, EVOLUTION 2009 is indeed this coming weekend. With that said, we may be in store for the biggest fighting game tournament yet. Daunting? Slightly. Overwhelmed? Hardly. If anything, this is the bolster that the 2D fighter community has been longing for. It's a renaissance of sorts, so to speak. I wish all competitors the best of luck and give all attendees a great, big bow. Thanks for making the community what it is today.

As Promised
Zoddo Senma, in all of his bloody glory. I am now a proud owner of a horse-riding statue (considered the crown jewels of the Berserk collection).

Ok dude. This box was fucking gigantic. You have no idea. I'm pretty sure I could've smashed my dog with it.

This is the legit, real deal. Serial #137. Came with a limited edition Mozgus pewter too. That means it was one of the first pre-orders!

Pictures, none of which do the statue justice.

ART OF WAR rarely does well with blood.This statue is a true exception.

Now at the top of my glass case...till it's replaced by Joa's Armored Berserk!

I have no regrets purchasing Zodd Senma. I worked my ass off in the past month or so to try and get it. Albiet, I was lucky quite a few times with some freelance opportunities and even a focus group testing at Activision that paid well. It is, without a doubt, one of the most impressive statues I've ever seen, period.

The Next Project
It's a grand one, and it's going to take much effort on my part to complete. I will be constructing and painting my very own 1/10 scale Griffith, Hawk Solider - Horse Riding resin kit. My experience is nill, but my confidence with this kind of stuff is far from keeping me down. The reason for wanting to paint this kit is because the only painted version available is by Art of War, and that one is only 1/15 scale. Much detail is lost, and the grandness of the piece is subdued. I will be attempting to build this beauty over the course of August, so please keep checking back for progression!

As painted by Korean artist, Goldmacho.

I'll probably have a lot to say after this weekend, so check back next week for the post-EVO rundown :)

No comments: