Tuesday, July 28, 2009

resin dust (tastes like shit)

I've been pretty sick ever since I got back from Evo. It hit me about Wednesday afternoon on the way to school. I just wasn't feelin it, and throughout the entire class I felt like banging my head against a wall. I woke up the next morning with a terrible headache, a sore body, and feeling dehydrated as hell. The same symptoms continued all the way till today, where I am finally on my way to recovery. Lots of catching up to do.

Over the weekend, sick as I was, I managed to complete a bit of the Griffith kit. I was planning to have a majority of the prep-work completed, but I ended up only pinning and gluing the horse together. I knew Thai resin was bad, but damn this is _bad_. A lot of the pieces don't fit together, are warped to shit, have tons of flash, and are brittle as hell. I tried to fit the horse's helm on, only to have it snap into three pieces. That's just more work for me. The next time I sit down to build this thing, I'm going to have my hair dryer next to me so I can heat every piece into malleable stuff. Here's a little slideshow of some progress work (sorry for the picture, I'll re-upload a modified version later, Blogger is hella poverty with displaying images):


Other than that, a few other noteworthy whatevers...
- I am half way done with Pure 19. FML. Seriously. I am like 80-something episodes in.
- I watched an episode of Bakemonogatari. Talk about eye candy and interesting design. I'm totally in love with the abstractness and production quality by SHAFT. It's almost reminscent of FLCL meets Gankutsouo.
- Played a few games of Heroes of Newerth, the new DotA. It's pretty fun, although honestly it's just more of the same shit.
- Getting a Zoddo III (transformed) sometime next week. Before you say WTF - I found this sucker on YJA for only 100 bucks. You heard me. Box is beat, but whatever.
- Credit to CnC for the banner coloring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do you know what shit tastes like? I, on the other hand, a dedicated scat pig (one who enjoys getting shat upon, including in my mouth - quite erotic, really) realize that it's an acquired taste but if you really have a bond with the person who spread his or her ass cheeks inches above your face, it can be a mind blowing experience. Say, your post didn't have much to say about resin dust anyhow. Did it?