Monday, July 6, 2009

meandering (through another summer)

So I did a lot of random crap over the past week. This includes watching anime, playing tower defense games in Warcraft III, reading manga, watching Korean dramas, going to Anime Expo, and trying to learn Eddie in Guilty Gear. What a waste of time.

- Zoddo Senma: the first horse-riding statue that I'll be adding to my Berserk collection should be arriving either tomorrow or the day after. I'll definitely post some pictures on here - I can't wait! On a side note, Joa received my Headlong kit yesterday, so I'll keep this blog updated with progression photos from that as well.

- Catching up on anime: before class starts, I should probably nail out all the stuff I should have watched over the past month (but fell out of for some reason). This includes Eden of the East, Sengoku Basara, Basquash! (maybe) and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I already finished Hatsukoi Limited (which was entertaining, though nothing I hadn't seen before) -- the loli-pop idea is pretty awesome, I might just try it some time.

- New anime season!: so far there's only two shows that I'm probably going to follow. Bakemonogatari (by SHAFT) and Canaan (by the creators of Type Moon). Get hype.

- Reading manga: need to catch up on Bakuman and Fullmetal Alchemist. Recommendations however have created a desire to read Vagabond and Hatsukoi Limited. As time permits, anyways.

- Playing TDs: fucking terrible. Some of these TD games don't even take skill (like Green TD). There's no mazing, no looping, no juggling. Just a bunch of scrubs that get owned by the first air stage. What the fuck happened to Warcraft III !?!? :(

- Playing EDDIE: I have no idea what spurred me to learn Eddie, but I've always wanted to play him...just never picked up my balls to do it. It's no joke - Eddie is pretty hard to handle. I've never messed with a negative-edging character before, so this experience is completely foreign (and difficult) for me. After a few hours, I finally managed to learn a simple blockstring, how to add some simple high-low mixups, and how to go into a ghetto semi-unblockable. I still don't really know what the fuck I'm doing, and I'd give it at least another few months before I can even wrap my head around everything he's capable of. By then Guilty Gear won't even matter. Boo.

Sorry for the shitty post. I'm super tired for no apparent reason. I also got to spend the past week with Victor at the house while my parents were out. He finally moved out this past weekend, but we had a good time suckin on beers, watching Demolition Man, cooking some awesome improv food, and just hanging out. Good times, good memories.

2 comments:

violinmana said...

Don't forget about Tokyo Magnitude 8.0.

ajinkris said...

Oh that comes out this summer? Wow thanks for the heads up.