Wednesday, April 8, 2009

stunning revelations (commitment)

The other day I was driving back home after dropping of JP Ken at his apartment near UCR and I was running low on gas. I figured that I'd be alright to make it all the way back home, but I didn't feel like taking risks and finding myself stuck on the 91 in the middle of white-trash-town-in-the-middle-of-nowhere. At the same time, I also needed to piss real bad - two birds, one stone; I'd sacrifice a bit of pride and exit off somewhere in Rivertrash. 

I get off on some random exit in Norco, the land of shitty American car dealerships, and make a hard left into the first gas station I saw. Of course the price was hella jacked up from being so close to the freeway (I think 2.45 for the cheapest type of gas), but at that point my bladder was about to explode all over my seat. I pull up to the pump nearest to the public restroom, whipped out my credit card, dialed in my zip code, and jammed the nozzle into the tank. Mission one accomplished. Now...to the bathroom. I wasn't sure if these things were locked, since you usually needed to get a key from the kiosk, but fuck that was all the way in the opposite direction, so I decided just to gun it and hope the door was already open. The sign displayed across the front featured both male and female symbols, so I guess there was only one toilet. I gripped the handle and turned downwards. To my surprise, it had been left unlocked! Smiling at my delightful fortune, I yank open the door only to be met by a pair of beautiful, dark eyes. They only met for a second, but the moment lasted an eternity. Something felt weird about the scenario, as my brain began to stumble across much due logic. She was on her knees for starters. Something about that didn't seem right. You usually don't do anything in the bathroom (alone anyways) on your knees. She was also right next to the john. Actually, not even next to it, she was leaning OVER it. Somewhere between common sense and bewilderment, the idea that I had probably invaded someone's very private bulimic session dawned on me. So with my smiling face, now awry, staring into her very beautiful eyes, I slammed the door shut as quickly as I had opened it, and the moment was gone forever. 

When she was done she fast walked out of the bathroom like fucking lightning. I know she saw me out of the corner of her eye, waiting for the bathroom key, but she pretended like she didn't see me and made me follow her  all the way to the kiosk to get the key again. Bitches and their pride, sheesh. So I go back to take that well-deserved piss, wary if the toilet bowl was perhaps caked with the remains of lunch, but I found nothing of the sort. Girls sure know how to clean up a mess.

I hopped back into my car and scratched my head. Something had happened when our eyes met. It might have been a moment of embarassment for her, but to me, I saw something more! In her eyes was the gleaming fire of determination! Who in the world could take food, necessity, nourishment, and enjoyment, and toss it all away! Her goal was so clear. She wanted to look beautiful, and the cost would be upchucking her meals. To have such a powerful desire and an even greater sacrifice truly touched me. I will never forget those eyes, as I too, sacrifice hours of my youth practicing Venom corner combos.

First week of class has so far been fucking zombie mode. I'm pretty sure the classes this time around will be a lot of busy work :/ . On a side note, there have been cute azn girls in EVERY SINGLE CLASS so far. That's a rare occassion, so wish me luck! Same stuff to look forward to - "Truisms of the Asian Heritage", "I use a T-Square to Scratch My Back: The Life of an Artist", and "I am a Product of the Information Age". Beyond that, Basquash! was amazing. I'm still waiting on subs for Guin Saga and Eden of the East comes out today! Till then, keep on mashing.

1 comment:

thegame4ever said...

Amazing story, my ex-girlfriend was rly hot and bullimic, I can agree on the retarded determination!