Friday, February 27, 2009

some things just make you go WOW (toradora! 21)

I rarely blog about an anime beyond its introduction or conclusion, but I felt compelled to strongly recommend this series to the casual anime watcher. 

Several series fall in and out of my interests over the course their airings. Some anime tend to taper out, others become overly predictable, and a couple just end up becoming big "WTF"s. One series, however, managed to slip past all of that drudgery. Toradora! caught my interest as soon as I read OMNI's description of the series back in `08 and has never let go since. It is the one series every week where I will stop everything I'm doing to retrieve and watch without a moment to waste. The premise is somewhat typical: Japanese highschool anime, lolis, and the nice guy. However, the story is weaved in a way that is completely non-linear, and ultimately so well-executed to the point where even if it was, it easily surpasses its predecessors. 

The plot involves several main characters, but two in particular, Taiga and Ryuuji, that help each other hook up with each other's best friends respectively. It just so happens that this special relationship ends up becoming so much more, and the tangle of emotions created between the characters is something truly unique, heartfelt, and entertaining to watch. You see them giggle, you see them bawl, you seem them grow and mature as the series goes on. What an amazing ride it has been since and I am continually amazed at how well the pieces of the larger puzzle are put together.

Funfact: Toradora! is also the basis for my blog, for those of you who don't know. Vanilla Salt is the first ending song for the series, and I instantly fell in love with both the tune and the lyrics.

Funfact: Taiga, Tora for Tiger in Japanese, and Ryuuji, Ryu for Dragon in Japanese, or doragon for a transliteration, formulate the series' namesake: Toradora!.

Those of you who don't like to watch highschool anime, I dunno, you might be pleasantly surprised. I know I for one am kind of sick of the genre, but this one put a fresh taste in my mouth. Tomorrow or Saturday I will be posting up some stuff I've been doing in Gardea's class. Check it out yo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Создание сайта будь то сайт – визитка, корпоративный сайт, [url=https://webprospekt24.ru/prodvizhenie-sajtov-magnitogorsk]разработка продвижение[/url], интернет магазин или мощный портал проходит в несколько этапов.
Цена продвижение сайта в Красноярске