Friday, January 16, 2009

banira soruto (the origin of vanilla salt)

I'm actually quite surprised that no one has asked where or how I came to terms with the name for this blog. I suppose the content is somewhat self-explanatory, but I'd like to just open up a bit more for people who are curious. 

My personality thrives on imperfection. It is my god-given duty to point out these flaws in the nature and mentality of man, to console it, and to ridicule it. Many a person would call me cynical or vulgar, but I have no shame in saying what's on your mind for you, as well as opening new avenues for your train of thought to follow. The hilarity that ensues is only a side-effect of letting you peer through my spectacles. Beneath my analytical and obscene mask of words is in the end nothing but just me: a learning boy trying to understand the secrets of the world.

Vanilla is the beautiful part of the world and salt is the ugly. One cannot exist without the other, and the combination is what allows the seismic scale of life to vibrate rigorously with constant highs and lows. It is this eternal struggle that defines who and what we are. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You, cynical and vulgar!? I say not.
You haven't been around me long enough lol