Wednesday, January 28, 2009

a tale of two loves pt.1 (amaii and brightdown)

I once knew a beautiful girl. I still remember the night I met her, on an All Hallows Eve, just shy of two years ago. I stared in awe, as her hair changed colors under the ambient glow of the moonlight. When she stepped forth, rich violet lips, shimmering teal hair, and a voluptuous chest, I instantly knew that she was the one. 

HER NAME WAS ESA
The word "love" was always a distant vision for me, something I wished to obtain but never met the right person for. All of that changed when I began my relationship with Esa. We did everything together, from the fiery pits of Hellfire Peninsula, to the shattered lands of Netherstorm, all the way to the grim depths of Shadowmoon Valley. We had traversed the lands hand in hand, side by side, enduring hardship after hardship. It was through this series of trials that I began to find true "love". 

She was my first.
My first Karazhan. My first heroic badge. My first item lvl 120. My first visit to the Scryers. My first flight in Outland. My first arena match. My first Swiftmend. My first 375 profession. My first everything. 

I couldn't imagine life without her. I would go to see her every day and have fun with her till the sun came up. Those times shall be forever burned into my memory as the most warm and love-felt days of my life. 

FORGOTTEN LOVE
Life, as always, began to dull out. The flourishing of our young hearts began to wither with the natural wear of time. I began to grow slightly distant, but I still would not let her go, not for one minute. She was the love of my life and I would never have it any other way. 

It wasn't until a series of unfortunate events that lead up to the demise of our long-lasted love, that I had truly forsaken her. The call to arms had been sounded, and the drums of war beat steady again. Prince Arthas had challenged the residents of Azeroth to test his might. What choice did we have? I had to join the fight for the survival of our future generations. We packed only what we needed, in anticipation for a new and fresh long journey; it was a chance for me not only to prove my loyalties to the Alliance, but to reconciliate my relationship.

"I'll be waiting for you at the harbor."

Those were the last words I said to her.

EYES OF STEEL COLD
I left early that morning, to wait for her by the docks. The first ship was due in at dawn's light, and just as the first rays of the new day peeked over the horizon, I felt a shiver down my spine. Was I afraid of leaving for Northrend, a place of unspeakable horrors in a frozen waste of lost legends? Nay, I was not, for as I turned my head I was met by the gaze of Death itself. She was clad in black metal, and while pale as a corpse, eminnated an alluring yet nauseating aura. What was this...thing?

Something snapped in the back of my mind. I must follow this person. I must find out who she is and why I had met her on that day, at that time. She swept right past me, never making direct eye contact. I humbly followed, dazed by what I had just witnessed. Little did I know that this would be the beginning of the end.

Years later, I wish I could have wiped the tears from Esa's face as she waited and watched each boat come and leave till the sun had finally sighed its last sigh.

to be continued...

So yea, class has been a bitch. I'm actually going to write about it tomorrow (and keep your breaths held for the second part of this amazing larp story)! LOOK FORWARD TO IT (and keep Timmy in your prayers or whatever your religion does).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your way with words, is so magnificent and vibrant. That every sentence I read, I felt that I could actually feel your thoughts and feelings during your trying and epic times. My frozen heart almost thaws at your retelling of those events.

oh btw... L O fucking L !