Saturday, January 31, 2009

a tale of two loves pt.2 (life and death)

I still do not understand what had taken control of my mind and forcefully convinced me to tread the same path as this demonic witch, but it could not be helped as I was perpetually plunging into a spiraling madness. 

DEATH
would be the most accurate description of this woman. Every soul her blade crossed was cleanly severed in half, leaving no peace for the remaining essence to dwell before leaving the mortal plane. She knew no mercy and no fear, as I followed her through countless skirmishes against even the most gruesome of foes in Northrend. Those unable to keep up fell behind and eventually perished. I, on the other hand, was so fascinated by this tool of destruction that I forced myself to stay alive and witness the beauty of massacre. To her, the idea of death was no longer existent - she was an embodiment of an immortal, yet fragilely transient, being, constantly dispatching lives for a purpose unknown. What was she after? Was she motivated by revenge? By hatred? Passion? Madness? Love? The answer eludes me to this very day. All I know, is that she incessantly manages to turn the macabre sight of murder into a waltz of artistry.

AND THEN IT HAPPENED
I felt my sanity slowly losing its grip. It was as we tread the cold winter nights, alone now, in the trenches and valleys of the Storm Peaks, that I began to feel an inseparability to this witch. We had barely exchanged words, yet followed and supported each other throughout our long journey in Northrend. Day after day in these perilous lands created a unique bond. When our eyes met, mine black, and aged with the weariness of too many battles, hers, two orbs of hot, azure steel impaling my soul - we would find a mutual ground of affection. On the final night, when we had finally reached the end of our journey in Icecrown, all that was left to be said... no longer needed to be. 

We had fallen in love.

TO THIS DAY
I follow her, as we sweep across the deepest dungeons of the north, and slay the greatest underlings of the Lich King himself. I have forgotten who I am and who I was. All I know now is the echoing screams of slain enemies as we plow through endless hordes of adversaries. I had once been alive and felt the warmth of life and love. I now only feel the cold and chaos of complete annihilation. I smile to her, and she grins back with a maniacal look on her face. Her name is Amaii.

On some days, how very uncommon it is to occur, I still hear the echoes of my past. The memory of a time when my life was as the way I wished it to be, and a special someone always by my side. Happiness? I then scoff at the thought. There is no happiness to be found in the cold blood of the north.

What was her name again?

Sometime this weekend I'll have another article up. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do "World of Warcraft: A Lifestyle". That one should be entertaining, I hope. A few more news things that I'd like to reiterate: OMG KARA NO KYOUKAI IS DOWNLOADING NOW!!! EPISODE #5 - MUJUN RASEN (Paradox Spiral). ALSO! I submitted my application to Creative Development Internship @ Blizzard Entertainment, so I'll be posting a copy of my résumé up here for you to see! FINALLY! Don't forget to keep Timmy in your prayers or whatever your religion does!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo chris this is wtf. But cool. Anyway, you want to color something because it needs coloring? http://gassnake.deviantart.com/art/Alt-Naruto-111429815 Fucking naruto. If so i'll send you my file.

ajinkris said...

That looks kinda cool. I might be interested in coloring it. I'll hit you up about it this week.