Friday, January 23, 2009

chris's obsessions pt.1 (girls with big swords)

Everyone has a type of character or motif that they're attracted to; this attraction can range anywhere from a love for elves to a fanaticism for robots. I know my friend Pat loves girls with wings and guns; Matt is obsessed with loli girls; David is obsessed with loose viet girls; and Ehd is obsessed with bears and motherfuckin pink-haired girls that die, but I digress. My obsession is for the girl with the big, fat sword. 

So what got me into this mess? I'm not quite too sure myself either. I think it first started with my admiration of Guts from the Berserk series. He was always so badass, swinging his big ass sword around (no homo) slicing enemies in half and spraying their innards all over the place. Hardly befitting for the 13-year old reading this stuff, but hey, I turned out alright (I think). So what else do I like. Girls? Hot girls? Yea. I like hot girls. It was around this time, I think when I turned 18, that I began to follow anime closely and did I slowly begin to turn into an otaku (not a wowtaku, just an otaku - that's a completely different story for a whole nother time). That also happened to be the first season of Claymore (as Tokiwa would put it, my "favorite shitty" series). The reason? Well, it was gory and had big swords and an ominous plot. The kicker? They were GIRLS wielding swords. And not just that, girls with big tits and in skin-tight uniforms. Hot damn! If I could choose one way to leave this mortal plane, I would want to be brutally murdered by one of those. So the appeal became something like a female version of Guts, though the thought of that in my head is hardly appealing.

Big boobs and big swords. It's like two of my favorite things combined into one perfect entity. There's something about giving a chick that kind of raw power that just straight up turns me on. They move with so much more grace than we do, and seeing girls gliding through mobs of dudes slicing them up with such finesse - it's an image worthy of the greatest tiers of my lust. Oh yea, and Saber was a hella cute character. 

I'd show you my figurine collection of girls with big swords, but I'm waiting for it to grow. So until then....

Bleargh. I think I'm finally exiting the final stages of my stomach flu. That was quite an unpleasant experience. Anyways, more posts delayed, more reviews delayed, everything delayed. Negishi fuck.

No comments: